Knowing that your world is changing in some of the best ways, let’s talk about how to make it even better with support from Doulas Northwest.
As you think about how you’d like to welcome your baby (or babies!), we offer peace of mind.
- Labor/Birth Doula support from Doulas Northwest is provided in 2s. We set you up with a Doula pair so that you never have to worry about your Doula being unavailable when you go into labor. You will have her by your side.
- Your Doulas meet with you for your initial consultation, in your home for your private labor prep workshop, and again for more detailed birth planning. This series of in person visits helps to build familiarity with both Doulas, and helps them get a full picture of your exact goals & priorities.
- Your Doulas go on call for you the moment you sign your contract. No need to wait until you are 37 or 38 weeks pregnant to enjoy the benefit of guaranteed support. Your Doulas share an on call schedule with each other much like that of a care provider practice, and sere as built in back up for you. (No mystery back up.)
You can expect extensive knowledge and reliable availability.
- Double the Doulas, double the access to information, emotional support, and your trusted resources! Both of your Doulas are happy to entertain questions big and small as you make important decisions or need an unbiased listening ear.
- Your Doulas are well versed and experienced in navigating local area birth facilities and options, making them the perfect guide for you and your partner when building a birth plan tailored to your specific goals. At the same time, they remain flexible and ready to adjust to your new support needs, should plans need to be changed.
We love confidence and want it for you.
- Enjoy your early labor knowing that your Doula is just a phone call away. Ready to assist when you need her, your Doula is available by phone for emotional and informational support, joining you for in person support at your request .
- Working seamlessly alongside your partner, your Doula is a presence of strength and peace so your partner can participate at the level to which he or she is comfortable. Helping reduce the pressure to know everything, your Doula enhances your partner’s ability to effectively support you.
- Knowing that labor and birth can be unpredictable in length and intensity, the combination of support from your partner and your Doula is unbeatable.
Skilled guidance, offering comfort and continuity of care.
- Your Doula is prepared to assist you with position changes, breathing techniques, knowing when and how to touch…all designed to decrease the discomfort of labor and increase your satisfaction and comfort.
- Your partner can thrive with your Doula’s guidance in these physical support dynamics and you both benefit from he or she finding success when looking for ways to offer you comfort.
- Nursing and care provider shifts change, but your Doula support does not! Enjoy continuous care from your Doula throughout your labor and birth. Should your labor go longer than anticipated, enjoy the option of bringing in your other Doula for a fresh, rested face of support.
- Your Doula remains with you for up to two hours after the birth of your baby. During this time she is focused on you, typically assisting with initial skin to skin and breastfeeding if desired, as well as other logistical support needs so that you can enjoy the newest member of your family.
- Your Doula celebrates your success and strength!