25 Apr Top 10 Things You Don’t Have To Do (because you hired a Doula)
There are nearly endless things you do not have to do when you hire a Doula. Did you know that? Things taken off of your plate of responsibility.
If this sounds amazing, then keep reading and check out this top 10 list of things you don’t have to do because you have hired a Doula.
10) Google every single thing you have a question about
- Because you have hired a Doula, you don’t have to Google anything you don’t want to. And when you do Google things, you have access to knowledgeable direction, so your Googling is more successful.
9) Remember every single thing taught in your childbirth education class
- Because you have hired a Doula, you no longer need to retain ANYthing, let alone EVERYthing from your childbirth education course. Your Doula is prepared to help you with any piece of information you need.
8) Get every single thing your loved one wants in labor
- Because you have hired a Doula, you can choose to stay with your laboring loved one while your Doula gets the desired drink-snack-tool-triple shot latte-pillow-vomit bag.
7) Remember your B.R.A.I.N.
- Because you have hired a Doula, you can leave your know-my-options and decision making brain at home knowing that your Doula brings B.R.A.I.N. with him/her so that you don’t have to.
6) Kick Out The Mother-In-Law
- Because you have hired a Doula, you do not have to be the one to ask the extra visitors to scoot, unless you really want to. Your Doula has your back and will take the heat in this situation.
5) Perform the perfect hip squeeze
- Because you have hired a Doula, you do not have to perform the perfect hip squeeze without guidance! Your all-things-counter-pressure Guru…err…Doula, takes the pressure off of you and helps you shine.
4) Know the perfect thing to say every moment
- Because you have hired a Doula, you have someone walking beside you who understands the emotional and physical dynamics that come with labor. This means you don’t have to remember what to say…your Doula knows and will offer any guidance you need!
3) Know the perfect thing to do every moment
- Because you have hired a Doula, you can forget everything you’ve been told before about what to do in labor. Your Doula will help you understand moment to moment, and offer suggestions based on experience.
2) Keep it all together at every moment
- Because you have hired a Doula, you have support! You do not have to keep it together at every moment and have someone dedicated to promoting your peace of mind. You can lose it in your Doula’s presence and he/she will catch you.
1) Do it alone
- Because you have hired a Doula, you are not left holding the bag alone. You no longer have to be the know all, be all of you and your loved one’s birth experience. You are not alone.
With all of these things you don’t have to do…what WILL you do during labor? My bet is that you’ll find your ideal ways to connect with and nurture your laboring loved one, enhancing the experience of welcoming your sweet baby.
Learn more about your Labor Doulas, here.
About our amazing Labor Doula support, here.
Do you know about Postpartum & Infant Care Doula support? Find that here.
And what’s the word on Placenta Encapsulation? Find out here.
(360) 602-1564 | email@example.com