11 Jan It’s Here! No Child Wet Behind, Olympia 2018
No Child Wet Behind, Olympia 2018.
Doulas Northwest has now entered the 3rd Annual hosting and sponsoring of this important community event!
It is a time of year which combines a lot of extra busy, a lot of extra fun, and a lot of extra reward for the people of Thurston County and surrounding communities, who make the trip in to Olympia.
Every year, thousands and thousands of families visit the diaper bank founded by area resident, Lance Benson. Dry Tikes & Wet Wipes is a local resource unlike any other in our city.
Knowing how dedicated Benson’s mission is, to have the most tangible impact possible, it only makes sense that Dry Tike & Wet Wipes remains No Child Wet Behind Olympia’s official beneficiary.
What is this that we’re doing you ask, that would cause us to run a huge diaper drive and connect with Benson? This explanation should help.
Check out this heartwarming news story about Benson’s efforts that Komo News published as an edition of Eric’s Little Heros last year! It paints a beautiful picture of the value he and his non-profit represent to the entire South Puget Sound region.
I encourage you, I urge you, I ask you to: JOIN US in our efforts this year.
- Buy diapers for donation (convenient amazon purchasing available!)
- Fill the diaper collection bins that will be set out around town
- Donate $$ toward our fundraising efforts
- Become a financial sponsor for 2018’s No Child Wet Behind, Olympia event
- As a Sponsor, set up a table on event day so the community can learn about you and your business
- Offer your time as a volunteer throughout the months leading up to event day as well as on event day
- Help us talk about this to everybody!
No Child Wet Behind, Olympia 2018 Event Day Details:
May 12, 2018
Heritage Park, Olympia
1 Mile Family/Kid Fun Run
Family Festival filled with kid friendly events and activities!
2017’s final diaper count was over 31,000 diapers raised! Nearly triple that of 2016. Help us reach a minimum of 50,000 diapers in 2018 for area families, making this the most successful year yet.
Contact Kristyn, of Doulas Northwest to get involved!