Knowing that your world is changing, let’s talk about how to make it the experience you hope for, with support from Doulas Northwest.
As you think about how you’d like to welcome your baby (or babies!), we offer peace of mind.
- Labor/Birth Doula support from Doulas Northwest is provided with known, steady back up systems in place. We set you up with exclusive Doula support and attention, who remains by your side. And should she need back up support during your care, we’ve got you covered.
- Your Doula meets with you for your initial consultation, in your home for private labor prep, and again for more detailed birth planning. This series of in person visits helps to build familiarity with your Doula, and helps her get a full picture of your exact goals & priorities.
- Your Doula is on call for you the moment you sign your contract. No need to wait until you are 37 or 38 weeks pregnant to enjoy the benefit of guaranteed support. Your Doula support is available no matter what week of pregnancy you experience labor.
You can expect extensive knowledge and reliable availability.
- A team of Doulas means increased access to information, emotional support, and your trusted resources! Your Doula is happy to entertain questions big and small as you make important decisions or need an unbiased listening ear & she is backed up by our entire team, should a broader net of conversation be needed.
- Your Doula is well versed and experienced in navigating local area birth facilities and options, making her the perfect guide for you and your partner when building a birth plan tailored to your specific goals. At the same time, she remains flexible and ready to adjust to your new support needs, should plans change.
We love confidence and want it for you.
- Enjoy your early labor knowing that your Doula is just a phone call away. Ready to assist when you need her, your Doula is available by phone for emotional and informational support, joining you for in person support at your request.
- Working seamlessly alongside your partner, your Doula is a presence of strength and peace so your partner can participate at the level to which he or she is comfortable. Helping reduce the pressure to know everything, your Doula enhances your partner’s ability to effectively support you.
- Knowing that labor and birth can be unpredictable in length and intensity, the combination of support from your partner and your Doula is unbeatable.
Skilled guidance, offering comfort and continuity of care.
- Your Doula is prepared to assist you with position changes, breathing techniques, knowing when and how to touch…all designed to decrease the discomfort of labor and increase your satisfaction and comfort.
- Your partner can thrive with your Doula’s guidance in these physical support dynamics and you both benefit from he or she finding success when looking for ways to offer you comfort.
- Nursing and care provider shifts change, but your Doula support does not! Enjoy continuous care from your Doula throughout your labor and birth.
- Your Doula remains with you for up to two hours after the birth of your baby. During this time she is focused on you, typically assisting with infant feeding if desired, supporting you while you bond as a family and other logistical support needs so that you can enjoy the newest member of your family.
- Your Doula celebrates your success and strength!