18 Nov Partners: 10 Things You Do Not Have To Do When You Hire A Labor Doula
There are many more than ten things you do not have to do when you hire a Doula for your birth! Did you know that? Things taken off of your plate.
The overwhelm can get real, so check out this top ten list of things you don’t have to do because you have hired a Labor Doula.
10) Google every single thing you have a question about
- Because you have hired a Doula, you don’t have to Google anything you don’t want to. And when you do Google things, you have access to knowledgeable direction from your Doula, so your Googling is more successful.
9) Remember every single thing taught in your childbirth education class
- Because you have hired a Doula, the pressure is off! Your Doula is prepared to help you with any piece of information you need.
8) Get every single thing your loved one wants in labor
- Because you have hired a Doula, you can choose to stay with your laboring loved one while your Doula gets the desired drink-snack-tool-triple shot latte-pillow-vomit bag.
7) Remember your B.R.A.I.N.
- Because you have hired a Doula, he/she will help ease your decision making stress by walking you through the B.R.A.I.N. decision making tool, anytime you would like.
6) Justify your choices
- Because you have hired a Doula, you do not have to defend your family’s choices around labor and birth. He/she supports your vision completely.
5) Perform the perfect hip squeeze
- Because you have hired a Doula, you do not have to perform the perfect hip squeeze! Your all-things-counter-pressure Guru…err…Doula, offers as much guidance as you wish for.
4) Know the perfect thing to say every moment
- Because you have hired a Doula, you have someone walking beside you who understands the emotional and physical dynamics that come with labor. This means you don’t have to remember what to say…your Doula knows and will make helpful suggestions!
3) Know the perfect thing to do every moment
- Because you have hired a Doula, you can forget everything you’ve been told before about what to do in labor. Your Doula will help you understand what’s happening, moment to moment, and offer the insight and knowledge that can put you at ease.
2) Keep it all together at every moment
- Because you have hired a Doula, you have support! You do not have to keep it together at every moment and have someone dedicated to promoting your peace of mind. You can lose it in your Doula’s presence and he/she will catch you.
1) Do it alone
- Because you have hired a Doula, you are not left holding the bag alone. You no longer have to be the know all, be all. This is your experience too, and you are not alone.
With all of these things you don’t have to do…what WILL you do during labor? You will be free to focus on your ideal ways to nurture your laboring loved one, as you welcome your baby.
About our amazing Labor Doula support, here.
Do you know about Postpartum & Infant Care Doula support? Find that here.
And what’s the word on Placenta Encapsulation? Find out here.
(360) 602-1564 | email@example.com | Seattle | Tacoma | JBLM | Olympia